Opal Cremation Serving Families in San Diego
Opal Cremation of San Diego prides itself on its customized approach to funeral planning and cremation services. We work diligently to personalize services to all of the families and friends who entrust us to navigate the difficult time that immediately follows the loss of a loved one. After all, just as no person is like another, funeral arrangements shouldn’t be a one-size-fits-all formula.
Opal Cremation is always available to answer questions that might arise during the process of making cremation arrangements and also offers a sympathetic ear of comfort to those who are grieving. Whether it’s choosing keepsakes or planning a Celebration of Life service in the San Diego area, Opal Cremation provides families and friends with all of the affordable pricing options available to them in a straightforward, compassionate manner.
Our San Diego Cremation Service Includes:
- Picking up your loved one from their location.
- Filing of the death certificate using an expedited process provided by our partner, VitalChek. A certified death certificate (1) is included in all of our packages.
- All of the necessary CA permits and paperwork, handled by our team.
- Hand-delivery options (within Southern California) or shipping (within the Continental US) of your loved one’s remains.
- A premium, rosewood urn comes standard with our cremation package. Other urn options are available.
- Our customer care team is available 24/7 to assist with any questions you may have.
- Regular communication throughout the process via phone, text, and/or email.
Additional Services We Provide:
- Options for your loved one’s ashes: We offer many ways to celebrate the life of your loved one, including sea scattering, tree burials, cremation stones, and cremation diamonds. For details, please speak with your customer care team member.
- Expedited shipping options.
- Shipping remains outside of the Continental US.
- Witnessed cremation viewings.
Opal Cremation of Greater San Diego
1902 Wright Pl Suite 211
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Get Directions >
San Diego Area Customer Testimonials
“I wanted to let you know how very grateful my mother and I have been for your help in managing my father’s cremation and filing for death certificates. When I first called Opal, I was in a complete state of confusion and overwhelm, and at each stage, when I would have had absolutely no idea how to proceed, you helped with calmness, kindness, understanding, and sympathy. I can’t tell you how vital your support throughout this process has been, and how much it has meant that I could reach out to you for advice and help at every step along the way.”
Michael – San Diego, CA
“Just wanted to say thank you for making my mom’s cremation process so simple and affordable. We went ahead with the planned ceremony at sunset at the beach that afternoon and then went back the following weekend to sprinkle a few of her ashes there.”
Karen B – San Diego, CA
“The team at Opal Cremation are wonderful, thoughtful and extremely professional. They took care of a stressful and scary family event and provided a kind and caring service. Their support staff walked us through the whole process, helped us with all of the paperwork and took the time to explain what would happen at each step of the way. I cannot say enough about the Opal team except that I highly recommend them. Thank you again.”
William C – San Diego, CA
San Diego County Resources
San Diego County Medical Examiner’s Office
5570 Overland Avenue
San Diego, CA 92123
Release Form: San Diego County Medical Examiner Release
In San Diego County, Medical Examiner fees may be assessed for collection and transport.
Each certified copy of a death certificate costs $24 in San Diego County.
Death certificates can be purchased by visiting:
San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA)
Personalized Cremation Plan
Opal Cremation makes it convenient and easy for you to receive a free cremation plan specific to you with no commitment necessary. Get started today by answering a few simple questions.